Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Take-Two Tripel, Weizen, London Ale III

Three random notes:

My new tripel is off the charts. Wonderful herbal nose is highly reminiscent of Westmalle--thyme, bay, lightly spicy hops, delicate citrus. I'm so pleased. Now I just have to give it more time, but for being relatively young, it's just fantabulous.

I also tried a Rainy Saturday Weizen. I have just 8 or 10 bottles. Bavarian style wheats really ought to be bottled. It's a lot more interesting, especially from a textural standpoint, than it was on draft.

And one other note. I learned today that Wyeast 1318 London Ale III is the Young's strain. Why have I not used this? Come fall, I'll have to go on a little British beer kick... 1318 plus the cask ale strain in my fridge would be a good place to start. 1318 could be taken through a bitter, an oatmeal stout, and a barley wine. That would be just cracking I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roonie said...

I'm confused...

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home