Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Back in New York

I've got a whole mess of beer notes from LA and No. Cal. that I've got to transcribe at some point, since this blog is now keeping-track-of-beer central. New York is hot and I'm counter-intuitively sipping a Brother Shamus. It's gonna need some bottle age, but it's interesting now--all chocolate and prunes and spicy yeast with a silky body. I've also had pleasant encounters with my Singel (tight when cold, but lovely sourdough thing at the right temp.), the Chinook IPA, and the smoke beer. We had smoke beers with Thai food the other night and even Lisa liked it. Makes a pretty good combo.

Anyway, in a day or two I'll post a mega-huge pile of notes. In the meantime, I'm off to Syracuse tomorrow to buy malt and sushi supplies. It'll be a winter Saison and a wheat beer over the next week or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home