Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

IPA post-op

The IPA went well. At the last minute I decided to add an ounce of Cascades at the five-minute mark, boosting the IBU's to 80 and upping the ante aromatically. Why not? The result, instead of 5.5 gallons at 1065, was about 6 at 1064, for an efficiency of 80-81%, which is nice, especially for an erratic temperature infusion mash. I do need to work out the strike water math a little better. Should be a beautiful beer though. Cat's Paw Pale is in bottles and it's a very pretty beer, with a wonderful malt profile in the very early going, plus a lively Cascade-y nose. I have high hops for it. I mean high hopes for it.

A yeast starter for Saint Carlile Singel is under way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home