Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Jeremiah's B.I.P.A.

Here's another beer recipe, just for fun. Might even try myself. This is Jeremiah's attempt, with some chaotic input from me, to design a Belgian-inspired IPA.

For a gravity of 1068

Belgian Pale Ale Malt 10 lbs
Corn Sugar 1 lb
Munich Malt 1.5 lbs
Aromatic Malt .75 lbs
Wheat Malt .5 lbs
Carapils .25 lbs

For 68.9 IBU's

1 oz Chinook (70 min)
1.5 oz Cascade (20)
1.5 oz Cascade (0)
.5 oz Chinook (0 or 20?)
1 oz Cascade (dry hop)

Ferment with an estery Belgian yeast--I think Jerm has a White Labs Trappist yeast cake.

Sounds funky but perhaps really good. Sort of like a Steelhead Bombay Bomber ran smack into some sort of amalgam of DeKoninck and a strong version of De Ranke XX.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home