Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Great tasting note

I make a Christmas Porter that's based on an Old British Beers and How to Make Them recipe. Big fleshy creature chock full o' brown malt. . . I gave a well-aged bottle to a (maltophile) friend who seemed to really need a beer a few days ago.

His tasting note:

Last night we enfolded ourselves into a Christmas Porter. It had the malt body and base tones of the humus of an ancient, dark, Beech forest surrounding a peat bog (I could smell the fungi and hear little creatures scuttling around in the leaves) and had the perfect balance of hops and malt. A triumph and deeply appreciated.

Made my morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home