Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Rogue Seahorse Pale Ale

Found this at Marcy Discount Beverage, which seems to be picking up more west coast beers lately. Very light pale ale, in color and in flavor. It's hopped with Amarillo and Styrians, which I don't notice very much aromatically--the nose is more malty, showing some definite Munich character. Expansive palate with more low-color malt character and a delicately bracing hop bitterness. This is exceptionally subtle (the only overtly Rogue-ish aspect is the fairly noticeable 45 IBU) and I rather like it. I've been trying to get around to making an APA soon, but it's so hard to find the time. I'm leaning toward making one that's a little darker than this, with maybe slightly more agressive aroma hopping. So much beer so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home