Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Note to self

I've gotta get a turkey fryer while they're still kicking around stores. The more I think about it, the more I want to brew outside spring through fall. Weather around here is, in its way, quite beautiful, and clean-up would be sooo nice. I'd also like to have semi-parties where, say, members of the Amalgamated Brewers Guild would relax in camp chairs, bullshit, and drink while I boil a batch. What's not to like? I'm inspired in this endeavor by Jeremiah and his kick-ass brew sculpture (which, were I more technically clever, I would somehow link to a picture of), and also by Brendan's brew blog, which has some outdoor brewing scenes ( http://ioniaales.com/), as well as various other people's sites. Perhaps I'll shop around this weekend. I'm pretty sure it can be done really cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home