Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Titan IPA

This is rather close to my IPA. I like it. Notes will be crappy, as I'm chatting simultaneously. But note spectacular hop character--very herbal, resiny, and earthy at the same time--explosive aromatics. This is balanced but also supremely hoppy. I recommend this without hesitation. There's an elite group of IPA's I really regard highly and that supercede most wussy IPA's and most impressive but hopelessly unbalanced IPA's. That list, at the moment, involves, Anchor Liberty (sort of an IPA), Victory Hop Devil, Smuttynose IPA, and the Dogfish Head IPA's. I'd count this in the same company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home