Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Making a Wit

So I made that all-Amarillo IPA and it's fermenting. The weizen went into keg with no evident flaws and some interesting clovey phenols; the steam beer went into keg smelling and tasting like a million bucks. Could the slump be over??

Right now I've got a Belgian wit protein resting. The grain bill is 6 lbs Belgian pils, 4 lbs hard red wheat, 10 oz oats, and 4 oz acidulated. While it saccharifies I've got to dash out and obtain one or two additional spices. I'm hoping this'll produce a really distinctive off-beat summer ale. At any rate, it's one more style to add my list of beers attempted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

Sorry, Jason. I meant for that last post to go out as me, instead of my alter-ego "PsychoDude."

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home