Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Too much brewing

Spring break brewing was exhausting. In the past ten days, I have made:

1. A very, very promising, powerfully hoppy IPA (now in secondary on 1.5 oz. dry Chinooks)

2. A dry, slightly tart, fruity Trappist-style Singel (now in secondary), emphasizing Belgian Biscuit malt and Hallertauer and Spalt hops.

3. A big, rich Oatmeal Stout which blew hop mung all over my dining room last night.

4. An enormous Belgian-style stout currently fermenting violently courtesy of Wyeast 3787 Trappist High Gravity.

They're all fermenting together and I have photos of the carnage but the photo-posting software sucks and I can't get it to work. Stay tuned. The oatmeal shot off its blow-off tube in the night, leading to a moderately nasty mess. The Belgian stout is fitted with an enormous blow-off tube which is, I believe, uncloggable. Though it looks pretty gross. Together they present an almost symphonic cacophony of bubbling audible throughout the basement and first floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home