Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Just a thought

Apart from that yeast snafu, I keep rambling about how good my beer is. For the sake of balancing things out, tomorrow, or perhaps the next day, I'll do a vertical tasting of my IPA's, which I brewed way too early on and which have substantial weaknesses. So stay tuned for an entry on IPA's, from the ho-hum to the downright wayward, with an explanation of their stylistic flaws and technical solutions to be applied to later IPA's (one is in the works in the not-too-distant future), probably as part of a single-yeast series: American-style pale ale, IPA, and barley wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home