Doctor Duvel

I'm like a sommelier, but for beer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate New York, United States

Favorite Beers: Orval, Samuel Smith, Duvel, Hennepin, Oude Gueze, Chimay, Dogfish Head, Anchor Steam, and anything made by Trappist monks.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout

I'm gonna have to get another one of these damnit... I hate expensive beer... This is an 18% abv stout. The nose alone makes your head swim, but it is nevertheless a peerlessly balanced, coal black elixir. The head had enough viscosity, when I poured the beer, that a couple of little teeny tiny beads of beer danced on the surface of the foam for a few seconds before falling through. Nose: Alcohol, licorice, vanilla, molasses, coffee, chocolate. Palate: Figs, prunes, dates. Viscosity galore. Lingering, but clean and focused, finish. Between this and 120-Minute IPA, Dogfish Head has completely superseded all other other 13%+ brewing efforts. If I can just get my hands on 30-odd pounds of good malt, perhaps I can whip up a five-gallon batch of something similar...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home